About Me

Ciao, tutti! My name is Anisa, I’m a second generation born Canadian on my father’s side from Italian descent. I was born on the lands of the Lekwungen speaking peoples and have lived and learned here my entire life. Some of my other passions include singing, spending time with friends, and swimming!

I have had the privilege of being able to travel to many places in my life, including where my relatives live in Italy! My family is from a very small community up north, in/close to the province of Valdagno. I was fortunate enough to visit them twice in my life, the second time being around this time last year (March 13th I believe). It was incredible being there this time because I was able to converse and understand (for the most part) all of my relatives, and people speaking to me!

My family has an incredibly wacky dialect, which makes it hard for me to understand what they are trying to say sometimes. This is why I chose this as my inquiry project! I would love to learn more slang, informal words, and overall just improve my grammar and knowledge of the language. Building off of what Duolingo and my Aunt have already taught me, I’m ready to see if technology is truly beneficial in the world of language learning!